The modern music industry is taking the world by storm. This is partly because the industry has diverse genres of music. In today’s world artistes from diverse cultural settings are realizing hit songs in honor of their culture. There music therefore has a long shelf life. This means that it remains relevant to the masses for long periods of time.
Like all good things in life, the modern music industry has its advantages and disadvantages. It is therefore very important to keep them in mind. This helps to maintain sanity in the society. When dealing with affairs of an industry it is only prudent that you are aware of all its elements with an in-depth knowledge.
Some of the advantages of the modern music industry include;
- Flexibility-The modern music industry is very flexible. There is nothing written in stone. Artistes are free to exercise liberal thought and act as such in conceptualizing their music. They can also modify and generate genres at will.
- High quality music–today there are state of the art recording labels where artistes can produce high quality music.
- It is relatively cheap- due to increase in modernization today, the production costs of music have gone down considerably. It is cheaper than it was a few years ago.
- It is educative- most artistes in the modern music industry produce music with educational talent. Their music therefore disseminates to its audience important information about delicate issues like sexuality and other current affairs in society.
The disadvantages include;
- The modern music industry is promoting promiscuity. Most of the videos being released into the market are showcasing promiscuous tendencies and justifying them.
- The industry is also promoting drug and substance abuse.
- Talent is also being suppressed greatly by the industry.
The modern music industry is very productive and the cash flow is high. Although it may have its weaknesses, the advantages outweigh them by far.
It’s important for everyone to support the modern music industry. It is a very crucial part of modern culture. By supporting it you are preserving a legacy for future generations.